THE HEM AND MY AFFAIRS

I am sure by now we all know I hate Sunday evenings and love Sunday mornings, I know why. Anyway hi, life right now is not going according to plan, but at this moment with everything that is going on, I'm okay, well tipsy and okay. My cousins visited from Rusternberg, and I love how they do some of the things, for example when they cook they make sure that it is seven colours, unlike us who only do two salads on an ordinary day and seven colours on special days. I ate a lot of avocado this week, I drank a lot, and I sent long texts, and I regret none of it.

I received my results and I did pretty well, like wasn't I drowning this semester? Then how? But then again, God. I've been thinking to myself that I need more present friends, friends that I can call to crash on their couches because I do not want to be home that day, friends who would show up for me anytime of the day. And I have decided that if by twenty six I'm still single, I'm getting myself a dog, two if I would have moved into my own  place. I am also getting a tattoo for my twenty sixth birthday.

I hate how life is not kinder to all of us, but to a selective few. 

I hate how fragile I am, how much of a love snob I am, how much of a good woman I am, and yet with all these qualities love never stays. I was listening to Sam Smith Stay With Me, and he said "And deep down I know this never works", that's how I got triggered. Anyway, hopefully, better days are coming.

I am starting my dissertation in a months' time, I am excited, scared, ollof, a little bit of both, I'll be working on something close to my heart, I hope the faculty board approve it. I live on TikTok, I love dogs so much, I actually have a folder of dogs doing silly things. Last week I met this student, I'm helping him with Economics, and I somehow managed to mention the '08 financial crises, he mentioned how he's not familiar with it because he was born in '07, was I not awed, because at fifteen I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grow up. At fifteen he knows he wants to either be an economist or an engineer, so he's not doing biology or any subjects that aren't aligned to his his future goals. I then decided there and then, that I want my kids to be privileged, I want them to have access to the best education, build first class connections, overall I want them the best view of the world.

I went to church today, and they sang setswana hymns, my absolute favourite, and we had a holy communion. So I'm confident that the remaining six months of the year, life will be kinder to me, I am confident that everything I prayed for at the beginning of the year will come to manifestation. FAITH.

In closing, I hope life is kinder to all of us, not a selected few, I hope we all find our tribe who would fully show up for us, I hope all of our dreams comes true.


while we're waiting for better days, can we take jager shots in the meantime!!!

The hem and my affairs, I am praying that my life overall should touch the hem of Jesus' robe, hence the title. Out of all the things I hate, I love white roses, I know I would love to live in a quiet neighborhood, I hate scents, I love learning, I love love.


Love. Sea x.


Comments

Popular Posts