Just Like My Notebook


  • Hey Sunsets 


Fourth month into 2020 but I still find a lot of things unnecessary, but before we proceed to things I find unnecessary, please tell me if the word "things" is appropriate, like is it usable, or should I replace it with the word "stuff"? I cringe each an every time I have to use the word, I know English is not a measure of intelligence, but I always feel stupid for using the word, to you English natives what's your take? I'm multilingual by the way folks, standing at three, planning on supplementing with two, thinking of Swahili and Italian, I'll give a detailed report at the end of this terrible year, if at all we survive it.

Okay, now that we've cleared the path, I guess I'll continue using the word that I feel is demeaning my intellectual capacity, things!! Anyway things (I just cringed) that I find unnecessary. Firstly, let me start with cravings, food cravings, I feel like God is just out to punish us as female species, I blame the apple for being within Eve's reach. What's the point, please tell me, for wanting certain kinds of food so bad, I don't understand the selectivity, while the pantry is full of food but your taste buds want specifically "sticky wings, pizza, Woolworths caramel cake...". Please tell me where I'm going to get them in these trying times!!! I guess I'll to sleep it off, which is not fair.

Anyway doesn't reading just fascinate you? Like you going back to the very first page to confirm something, and you're just there humming "aah" to yourself, how everything just narrows down to make sense!! And also how a character is mentioned and you're there confused who the hell is this person because the author introduced them once at the beginning and now you forgot about them, but you keep reading anyway because the storyline is so magnetic and keeps you glued to the pages. And you remember along the way who that mysterious character is, and you're so mystified but you move on anyway because it's not so important, it was just an afterthought.

Talking about an afterthought, this storyline, of this book that I'm reading, there's a part where a character mentions how he felt abandoned by his parents before they died, talking about how they gave him no attention as a kid. He mentioned that they raised him as an afterthought, because he was not planned. And it got me thinking, that if an afterthought is a product of unplanned actions, then everything is an afterthought. I mean we don't plan to fall in love but look at us, okay let me stop here because I'm getting confused myself.

I've been thinking of all the bomb sunset photos I could take if I had a phone with a better camera or an HD Camera itself. But then again that's where everything is going to remain, in my thoughts. I don't even know where this came from, but here we are. Would you mind if I told you about the kind of love I want to experience in this lifetime? I know a good writer isn't supposed to ask questions, but my space is fluid, liberal, democratic, I'm supposed to give you options and let you air your views freely. 
Anyway, the kind of love I'd want to experience in this lifetime, right! I don't even know why I'm talking about this, I'll have to admit that I've gone soft, or maybe I've always been soft just that I decided "not to love" is much easier...

For you who love and appreciate art in its different kinds, this is the last thing I'm covering by the way, so, you lovers of art, have you noticed how you start appreciating one kind of art and it unfolds all the interest in art as a whole. Taking me for example, I've always been passionate about reading and writing, but didn't practise it that much. Once I've started reading heavily I've noticed how I've developed interest for poetry, paintings, good music and all. Everything is just magic, art is godly. My interest for reading was solely limited to novels, never would I have thought that I'd look twice at a poem, but look at me now. I don't understand people who don't appreciate it, art.

Sunflower Fields, captured by my phone camera


The title "Just Like My Notebook", I used it because this whole text is just like my notebook, just like my messy handwriting it's messed up, ideas doesn't flow they just pop up, everything is just random. I hope you enjoyed.

Love and Light

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts