Must Be A Jordan Year

 



Hey Sunsets 

This other time I was with my uncle driving to his farm, we were using the Zeerust Road, and I instantly felt the rush of emotions, the thrill, excitement, you name it. Those who know the Zeerust Road know, they know what I'm on about, they understand me. Oh yeh of little knowledge, it's a road that leads to Tlokweng Border, okay!!!
I can't believe it's the eighth month and there's still no hope for my passport, I still remember the last time I shelved it, *sheds a tear*. Right there I was thinking how the ride could've been different if we were going to cross the border *sobs*

Next Scene. I went to my Alma Mater the other day, wait, let's pause here for a minute, it kind of felt good for a minute there saying my Alma Mater. You know what, let's move on, I went to get my transcript and as I was certifying the copies, the admin lady looked at my transcript & and said, "You've done everything Seanokeng, impressive, your official transcript will be ready in two weeks. Congratulations on obtaining your BA." Please believe me when I say I'm internally screaming as I'm writing this.

Let me disturb this piece of writing for a second. The same way a news broadcast is disturbed & that dramatic Breaking News tag pops up on the screen; "As the public anger continues to build up, the government of Lebanon resigns. Our correspondent journalist will... News just came in that a gunman has been shot outside the white house, President Trump was instantly rushed to the oval..." *laughing emojis* Anyway as I was saying, Miss South Africa 2020 will be held in Cape Town for the first time in history. It's wild because I dreamt of that happening except that it was Miss Universe.

Back to the topic, everyone who has been to UB knows that it's a haven for monkeys, as I was walking out of school I saw one other monkey without a front leg and it was limping and my heart broke for a minute. Fast forward, I don't remember the last I walked from UB to Riverwalk, those trips helped maintain my sanity consistently for four years. At some point, I wanted to live in Village (I still do). I noticed that everything changed, well not everything but most of everything, most of the trees are no longer there. And the atmosphere was just different, I'm used to using that path during clearer seasons when the vegetation is green, and there is this combination smell of lawn & sprinklers, I'm trying to define perfection here. But this time it was different, everything was dry, leaves were falling, there was no hopping & scotching to dodge muddy waters, it was just different.
And it took me back to first year when I was starting my undergrad at UB, the very first time I used this path, I was with my friend & she showed me the path, I'll forever be grateful for that day. For a moment I thought to myself of how I still want to use that UB-Riverwalk path, how I still want to experience the rush of feelings that comes with that...
And that's 23 for me, I want to demand more from myself, I still want to enjoy everything I feel like I paid less attention to, in essence, those therapeutic walks from UB to Riverwalk, crusher dates with myself at Airport Junction, and more. I also want to build on what already makes me happy, buy a car & get my Masters Degree (yes you read that right, a car & a Masters Degree)

I celebrated myself, for the first time in the longest time, I celebrated myself and didn't wait for anyone to come through for me. And it worked, it was a fulfilling experience, I bought myself some flowers and that giant trending balloon, wore a nice dress, setup a picnic at the back of our house, and did a nice little photoshoot, which turned out to be perfect. I even wore this bomb outfit (I didn't take any photos because your girl doesn't have a proper phone with a proper camera, so if you're reading this please get me an XS Max as my birthday gift). I am yet to go out and celebrate properly with my friends and just toast to more life and success and manifestations of my heart desires coming together.

P.S
I've been writing this for a week and a half now, I failed to make it short and to upload it on time, but hey what else can we do!!! Anyway, I love being 23, I am looking forward to every good thing that is going to take place as the year unfolds.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts