I would have said yes

 

I need a new laptop, these were not going to be my first words, but life happens hey.

My first words were going to be something like “I know it hasn’t been over month since the last time we talked. Hey Sunsets.”, whatever was supposed to follow after that, it’s between my ancestors and my ancestors.

Anyway in this edition, we’ll talk about how much of a hopeless romantic I am, a sucker for soapy love srories, the other day I texted my friend and I said to him, I quote “...ke rata go ratiwa e bile ke rata go rata...”, bathong ha le bone nako ke kopa le mpatele mosimane, because my grandmothers are truly truly failing me.

Even though none of you are wondering where this is coming from, just know that in my mind I know you are wondering where this is coming from, so let’s treat that as ground zero and take it from there. I watched and finished Gilmore Girls I don’t know in a space of how many months, three four I think, and the series had so many soapy romantic storylines, Emily & Richard (may his soul rest in perfect peace), Jackson & Sookie, Lorelai & Luke (just so you know, I was team Christopher over Luke, Christopher is so romantic I’m tearing up just thinking about it, wow) and Rory & Logan (I loved Jess too but, he wasn’t as romantic as I would have wanted him to be, guys romance romance romance are the core pillars of a relationship. Now let’s talk about Logan, Logan is the epitome of romance, I loved Logan so much I think I’m going to name all of my sons Logan, not even bluffin. I am so jealous of Rory right now, all those grand gestures, that other time when he surprised Rory at the rooftop, and don’t even get me started on how he never left the house without kissing his girlfriend, I pray that in this lifetime, during my youth, I meet a guy like Logan, just as handsome, just as manly, just as sweet, just as kind, a Logan I’ll love, then God can consider taking me back. I am kind of sad that Rory said no when Logan asked her to marry him, it might have been selfish of him to make that kind of request, especially on her graduation day, but everything was well thought out and precise, the avocado tree, the house, the kids and waking up to the person you love for a living, for the rest of your life!!! please sign me up, I would have said yes, hence the title.

Say yes to showing up for yourself everyday 

Always remember, you haven't yet met all the people you'll love


For what it’s worth I miss being loved by the person I’m fully in love with, there are two guys I could write home about that fully gave me the experience of what the four letter word tasted like. I still remember the first time my ex boyfriend asked me to kiss him, and to this day I fully believe that I’ll never experience a moment perfect than that, I equally remember moments and memories after that, our first date, how he was all over the place for the first few minutes, his nervous laughs, sugar all over his side of the table...my first love,,,,,anyway guys, ke kopa madi a di GREs.

 

WINDOWNS

Overall life has been treating me pretty good, even though I have been struggling with my proposal, school is okay, I made friends, I have new relatives, I met new people. No food obsessions this time, I am just taking everything one day at a time. But I need money, if you find time to send me money, please do. No playlist recommendations, I’d have to admit this period that I am currently in has been quiet.

Back to soapy love scenes, there is a scene on Suits where Jessica was making dinner and Jeff came behind her and told her all about the Paris trip and the activities he planned, and I melted, and the background song was Sam Smith I'm Not The Only One , and my entire perception on the song changed swiftly, it is no longer my hurt song, it is my I’m in love song.


IN LOVING MEMORY OF CHRISTOPHER

Thank you for twenty three of your life that you shared with me, it has been amazing and fulfilling, you taught me love, you made me. Mokgopeng, Mopedi, robala. Carry with you love and light 🕯️🕊️. 





Tsamaa sente, Seanokeng sa lona

Comments

Popular Posts