Hope & Sanity

Somewhere between applying for jobs and getting acknowledgement emails, to meeting the governor of Bank of Botswana. Hey sunsets, I greet you all from the mustard seed faith, no I did not get hired at BOB, no plot twist here, and the good news is at least the governor knows my name, now let the church say amennnnnnn.....

Hey Sunsets, again, welcome to my June blog, the last time we talked I was going to apply for funding for my education, jobs and I was hoping for a 4.5 GPA, well the only thing that happened is that I applied for jobs, not funding and I didn’t get a 4.5, but I did extremely well  this time around, I was expecting more this semester, but just because I didn’t get more that I was hoping for it doesn’t mean I didn’t do well, honestly, I’m so proud of me. Apart from that, the chancellor of UB passed away, which was sad. She was one of the great women we should have celebrated as much as we celebrate Kenewendo and the likes of Chiepe while she was still alive, a true patriot, it is often at times disheartening to lose people who excelled in their field and made an impact in their lifeline, but hey, this thing called life. Mohohlo really did break glass ceilings, paved a way for us who come after her, from being a Governor of Bank of Botswana to being a Chancellor of University of Botswana and a true philanthropist. May her soul continue resting in eternal peace; we’ll continue celebrating her for what she did when she was still alive.

I often say feminism is women feeling liberated to pursue whatever they believe in, whether they choose to be sexually liberated or submissive to their partners, no choice is superior to the other or inferior. This is for my aunt who fully believed in marriage and wholly submitted to her husband, I am talking about a whole career woman who packed a lunch box and breakfast for her man and cooked dinner for him when she comes back from work, when they both came from work. I am talking about a woman who’d go clubbing leaving her husband behind and coming back in the am’s, I guess pursuing one’s choice is easier when two parties are involved, when they fully support each other. Because my aunts’ husband doesn’t drink nor party, but he brought her di savanna and would drop her ko menateng and would pick her up ha go chaisiwa. They had the most beautiful marriage, if at all there’s anything I used their union as a yardstick of what I aspire to have. She taught me love, she taught me fun, she taught me life, she taught me everything, may her soul continue resting in eternal peace.

At this point I really really really need a job so that I can afford to move out and have my own house, if at all there is anything I am tired of staying under somebody’s roof, I guess they weren’t lying when they said your parents’ house has everything except peace. I mean I’m thankful for the free food, amenities, that I don’t have to pay bills, wifi, but yohhhh, I am tired of being asked where I’m at, where I’m going, to cook, to do this, to do that. If there is anyone looking for someone to cohabit with, please give them my contacts, ndi ya gowa...In the midst of moving out, I need a new phone and a laptop...

I now live on TikTok and Pinterest, I know I’m going to delete them soon, because the more I consume them, the more I have to stay away from them, honestly if it was according to me, I would be living a life off the grid, don’t be surprised if I threw my phone in a pit. But I love these two apps, because they require zero interaction for you to consume their content, they offer anonymity. Plus I learn a lot from these apps, they’re not your typical social media apps, I don’t feel envy or feel like I’m not doing anything with my life or any feelings of some sort.

Oh my God, I have been spending all my mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights on Netflix, at this point I think I’ve consumed more to last me a year, from here onwards, more reading. The other thing is growth, I don’t know, I think I’ve grown, okay growth is knowing and realising that thongs or panties related to thongs do not look good on you, instead granny panties are the way to go for you, okay too much information. Moving on to the topic of men, I think I’m ready to give up on them, you know what, I give up on them, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t mention my name when one them wants someone to cohabit with.

Overall, June was pretty okay-ish, even though we started on the wrong foot with my finances, but we managed to pick up speed and catch up. I can’t wait for that time when I have problems that aren’t money lacking problems “manifesting manifesting manifesting” I am starting work August and I’ll be earning 45k monthly.

 

Sea without an L but with love, now let light pave your way.

Comments

Popular Posts