A Ride

 So apparently for someone to be a good writer and connect with their audience to a deeper level, wait, is it a “to a deeper level” or “at a deeper level” thusang hong bo beloveds, anyway, as I was saying, deeper level, one needs to be reading a lot of poetry and consuming huge volumes of underground music. I’ve been running this blog for two years now, and none of you thought to tell me anything, even a hint!!! I can’t believe y’all suffered in silence, le gale ka gatwe ngwana yo sa leleng...

The last time we talked, which was technically a few hours ago, I was going on a screen detox, hence more reading,,,specifically Netflix, and I think I’m winning honestly, because I’m reading three books simultaneously and I’m on the verge of completing one, clap hands for me please. Anyway, since I’m trying to be a better writer, I’ve started reading poetry, well not really poetry, more like binge reading quotes on Pinterest, baby steps hey. And I’ve been listening to underground music to get my creative juices flowing, I wouldn’t really call them underground but yeah, I’ve listened to Hozier, this particularly was inspired by Maatla, this girl talks about this guy in all of her blogs, I was like wth, let me check him out. And more of Jacob Banks, Grace Carter, Giveon, Snoh Aalegra, Michael Kiwanuka, Daniel Caesar and the likes. Honestly, listening to music is my hobby, it comes naturally for me, I mean I’ve always had an ear for good music, I guess this season is for soul music...

Also I’ve been watching Tumie Nthutang’s vlogs, the wedding and graduation ones to be specific, can we agree that that hun was at the peak of content creation last year!!! Coz wow mogirl delivered and we were served, ha le bone nako le followe Tumie, thank you.

I am a such a homebody, wow that came out of nowhere, anyway that is just that, I went out today after five consecutive days of being locked up in the house, and spent my last cents, seeing other people is healing, try to go out more out often kids. And I’m starting to be confident with my body; y’all are not ready for summer and all the hotness that will follow. When you find time, live your lives kids, go out and meet people, be bold, be courageous, be fearless...

 The point I’m trying to drive home is, thank you for coming back to my blog and again and again; and telling me how much of a good writer I am, complimenting my work, a confidence boost. You’ve seen me through my birthdays, my first sip of alcohol, me opening up to the idea of love and heartbreak, going back and forth, you’ve seen me finish my undergrad, graduate from Uni, get into Grad School and all the other milestones, big or small. This has been a leap of faith, a jump.

Again what a weird way of celebrating a bloganniversary!!! Anyway to many more memories, moments, milestones, next time we’ll be opening a Harvard admission letter..

 

Sea

Comments

Popular Posts