Rolling Rolling

 

Some days are just okay and normal, some days I drink champagne out of wine glasses (I’m sure someone is going to come here and give me that there is no champagne in Botswana, because it is only produced in the South of France talk, hence ours is sparkling wine) I’ll smack them. Some days I am immensely tired, from what, only my ancestors can know, some days I have the desire to work hard and do better when it comes to academics.

Every day blows differently, believe me, I know better. It could be a totally different day, and I’m washing dishes, having champagne in a wine glass and I time travel in my mind of course, to the future. Now I’m living my future, in my head of course, I’m a Professor at Columbia University, with an apartment 45th floor in Manhattan or with a direct view of the central park. I drive every weekend to New Jersey because there are a few business modules I teach at Princeton. If I do make it back on time to my 45th floor apartment, I host a few of my black girls who are genuinely passionate about African American studies, drowning them in sparkling wine and just living life. Sparkling wine which I’d then proceed to bottom up while doing the dishes, breaking a glass or two because I’ve clearly had more than enough to drink...I ritual video call my homegirls back home and they fill me in and catch up with the goings...some days I live in the future!!!

Roughly a week ago I went to my cousin’s school, to buy him a school uniform, just being there brought back memories of my high school days, I sworn that I’ll never miss high school when I left that place. Since life is unpredictable, there I was, missing high school; I don’t know what triggered the feeling of nostalgia in particular, but there I was missing the feeling of being in a classroom and discussing Motswasele sitting next to my bestfriend and knowing that I’ll be going home thereafter not worrying about taking up space in someone’s house...some days I live in the past!!!

So for the first time ever in my life, I won an Instagram competition, a voucher at Exclusive Books, beyond excited is an understatement beloveds. 2021 is going to the best year of my life, speaking it into existence. Yes and yes and yes. It’s a pity I won’t be buying one of the books by my African homegirls, I am going to top up and buy an academic text that is essential for my research, but hey, we move...some days I live in the present!!!

And some days I write and upload two blogs in a day...

Comments

  1. I love this ❤️ the content is very good, flowing flawlessly 👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts