Woke Gerlz

 

I am here because I finished reading a book, now I have the time to blog.

The last time we talked I was graduating, which was many moons and seasons ago. Compliments of the new season sunsets. A lot happened between ever since I wore that black gown and cap, for example, I almost almost got myself into a relationship, but life happened, like it always does. I would have loved to have been in that relationship though, I mean that guy fit my ideal boyfriend description, he’s smart, graduated top of his class during his time, and wait for it, he’s a central banker, a whole central banker, yep, I kid you not, I did not stutter, I meant what I said... That’s not even half of it, I met men with connecting bank accounts, man December was naarce!!!

Anyway, no blogmas this year because I was hungover almost every day of December if not drunk, festive was fun, I enjoyed every moment of it. If you find time, make sure to live your lives to the fullest kids, don’t box yourselves, disappoint your family and defy societal standards. Ne kere ha le bone nako.

Like I was saying I finished reading a book, and it was heavy, it required a lot of my intellectual thinking capacity, which is exhausting if you may ask. But it was pleasant, only because I coincidentally kept on watching Netflix series that are somehow related to the book, like I’d be chilling watching Bridgerton and I’d just aww myself into saying “Harari talked about this century, the British empires and all”. And then the same thing would happen when I’m watching The Witcher, like ohhh Harari also said something about the dwarfs and the uprising of silver as a medium of exchange, same thing happened when I watched Pride and Prejudice. I was reading Sapiens, A Brief History Of Mankind by the way, you got that right, woke gerlz worldwide “flips hair”, now I can start contributing to meaningful conversations, throwing in phrases like “Mississippi Bubble” for spice and extra flavour, because woke gerlz worldwide.



And then school just started, I performed rather poorly last semester, which is not good, so I’m going to do everything I can with all the power vested in me by my ancestors to be on top of the game this semester. Because of corona all of my classes are online, which is underwhelming, in all honesty I miss campus vibes and atmosphere, I miss wasting my money at the student centre and cafeterias and my time at the library, I can’t wait to start my PhD because this pandemic is costing me a once in a lifetime experience.

My social life? I don’t have any left in me, if you see this, know that I’m in desperate need of friends I can do cool things with. I do have friends, friends who take care of me, who root for me, like this other time my friend gave me his Netflix password unprovoked, technically the only reason he’s paying for the subscription every month is because of me, I am touched emotionally, I’m gonna need some tissues.

And whatelse????? I am terrified by the fact that I spent four years in varsity, and I failed to make friends, now I’m gonna spend another two with no hope for me. Because everything now has gone virtual, online classes are making it difficult for me make varsity friends and form long lasting connections. The reason why I went to graduate school was to create networks I failed to make in undergrad; anyway God will have to pull through for me. Also seems like I don’t have to worry about my central banker almost boyfriend, because almost half of my classmates are Bank of Botswana employees, talk about the stars aligning for your girl.

Majwaneng 🏡



 








I'm still a social butterfly 😃🌹











I’ve been living you know, in the midst of being hungover and being a grad student, I’ve been watching Gilmore Girls, and I’m loving it so far, it is a definite recommend, even though Rory made me feel insecure about my life as a student. And also, I went home for the holidays, which was calming and serene, no feeling in the world would ever make my heart dance when I see my grandmother, I love that woman with all of my heart, coming home to her is like coming home to my husband. I’ve been going to social outings with my friends, which indicates there is still room. Also, I’ve watched Emily In Paris, which gave me FOMO, because what if Corona ends the world before I could live my best life and tour Europe, I loved it too, it’s a recommend.  Okay 😂😂 when did I go from recommending and reviewing books to Netflix Series?? Let me stop here...

Apart from me being broke because tuition fees are chowing deep into my pockets, I am doing great, couldn’t ask for a better life, unless a better life is me going to Harvard. My 2021 resolutions will have to be a good 4.5+ solid GPA and finances that will never run dry. Nna tota 2021 is my year, make sure to take your steps carefully, so you don’t step on glasses from ceilings I’ll be shattering.

Ngwaga o mosha ditsala.

Comments

Popular Posts