GOOD LIVING

" Do you listen to Hozier? "

" Take me to church? "


I love having short hair, but sometimes ke tswa pelo seeing the girlies rocking all these hairstyles, I wish I could do that, but I can't, wait, is this the part where I tell you why I cut my hair? Anyway, short hair is convenient, my hair doesn't grow that much, so I renew my cut once a month, okay a quarter of the reason why I cut my hair is because I was broke, I still am, but please know that I am rich in spirit, let the church say AMEN!!! I live on Zozibini Tunzi's insta page, trying to find inspo for outfits, how to accessorize my hair, jewelries and and all the tiny particulars, but my good sister doesn't post herself that much, please, anyone who knows her please whisper into her ear. There are a lot of short hair girlies I could draw inspiration from, but somehow I can't resonate with them, connection code red. There is Thando, she is beautiful petite, but I feel like her fashion sense is just not mine, there's also Nandi le ene o monte gape o di body, but she loves color shem ngwana wa batho, and if at all there's something I am afraid to experience with is color, and lastly there is Pabi le ene hela jalo she is so pretty, but I feel like she's so calm and I also think she's trying to grow her hair. I don't know, maybe ke biased ka Zozi because I want to be her, but I feel like maybe it's because I feel like we're similar to a certain extent, similar body structure, and long faces, so yeah. Also I love drama, and she gives me that.

Also following AKA's memorial, twitter was buzzing about the rich kids private school kids debates, and I love this kind of conversations honestly, they just affirm me hela gore I am not crazy to want my kids to go to the most elite schools in the world. Okay, listen, I do not have kids yet, but when I do have them, chances are 100% certain that they are definitely going to attend swiss boarding schools, your Harvard and Oxford after. For me it is all about the network and connections they form, and access and seeing the world, I don't know maybe go bua my childhood traumas, tota hela overall ke kgang ya exposure to what you could be and what you could have. Because you can't dream about what you can't see, listen here, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a Pharmacist, living in a two bedroomed house ya spatela, driving a Mazda 3, and I thought that would be peak soft life. Hey, that is what I thought good living was, I mean I lived in Mahalapye, what else did I know about investment banking, harvard, MERCEDES???? Please, let's work hard to afford our kids elite private education.

God, how must I pray? I genuinely love going out, having fun, seeing people, good food, good music, good people. Tota hela I'm looking forward to those days when I'll be bagging 30k plus monthly, doing Maindeck Fridays after work, bottomless Mimosa Saturdays and Corner Couch Sundays. Tota hela ha modimo a ka nblesser ka madi a go tswa every weekend hela, go ntse ha gore sepe, not asking for much. I just love good living I guess, and that is my definition of good living.


Here's a postcard to affirm that better days are in sight



I miss the old days, the tv adverts, soapies, okay I don't know what I was going to here, I wrote a line and ke lebetse context. Next item on the agenda is that I grew up in a cosmopolitan area and I loved every bit. I guess my desire to relocate to a cosmopolitan city doesn't come from a vacuum. I don't know, the place was lively, rich in culture, I loved every bit of it, parties every weekend (now I know where my love for groove is coming from). I am glad I grew up in such a place, because it exposed me to a lot, of what life could be. Also unrelated, I've noticed how when you grow up you start appreciating quality, good music, clothes, shoes, jewelry and and. Okay, the item might be ten times cheaper somewhere, but guys have you ever experienced walking around with shoes that have no grip?? Like you have to tip toe mo floor tile because dithako tsaago di a relela? Or have your ears react because cheap jewelry or your skin react because cheap makeup or a loose thread because you decided to buy it cheaper somewhere? Got my point.

There is this other thing I wanted to talk about, but I forgot the context, so I am going to close it here. May you live long enough to witness your dreams coming true, all of them, one by one.


Love and Light

Comments

Popular Posts