Who Would Have Thought?

So today I was going through my documents on my laptop and I bumped into this, what was supposed to be my first blog post, unfortunately it never made it out of my drafts until today. Its been a year since I wrote this and I found it hilarious, like who would have thought of that, I actually wrote that? No, I'm finding it hard to believe. Anyway, here it goes


"Hey Sunsets


Weird? I know, but I can explain why I chose to call you “sunsets”. Just like how I can explain a whole lot of other things circling around my life. But for you sunsets I’ll go an extra mile and try to explain more than my life mutuals. I’ll try to explain the weather, universe, music, literature, zodiac, university, science, art, beauty, fashion. Hey sunsets, welcome to my blog, where you’ll get a lot of explanations about everything. Expect a lot of emotional commotion, grammatical errors because I can see a lot of red under linings as I’m typing this and new words you’ve never came across before.

As much as I would love to explain myself to you, I’ve decided to go silent on that topic. To remain a mystery, you’ll have to figure everything out by yourself, whether I’m black or white, I have a university degree or not, heels or sneakers girl. After all I have to keep you hooked and drooling to keep this newly found relationship spicy.

Anyway I’m typing this over a cup of cinnamon honey rooibos tea, sitting in my fairly small student dorm covered with a red fleece from my grandmother, because winter is just around the corner. By the time you read this I’ll be sipping the coldest fizzy to ever grace this earth, in my spacious apartment (hopefully) wearing that Ellie Saab loose fitting linen dress.

Sunsets huh?! I chose that name because sunsets are just amazingly breathtaking, probably because it’s during sunsets when you experience so much calm and stillness and peace of mind. I know you’ll be my peace of mind that is why I chose that name. Even though they are calm and still, I’ll have to agree that they embody so much strength, boldness, they are fierce, they are sunsets after all.

Hey sunsets, welcome to my unconscious mind."

Comments

Popular Posts